Performance

Started by
11 comments, last by zedzeek 17 years, 12 months ago
If you're just trying to do it simply, sort on the position of the centre of the wall. Sorting on the line should work as well. You just need something to tell you that one wall is closer to the camera than another.

Cheers,
Brett
Advertisement
It's funny that your doing this now cause i'm doing the exact same thing. But I can have about 100 walls before it gets really bad. 10 walls is good in my program. I'm just wondering if you have considered using the:

glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE);
glCullFace(GL_BACK);

style code. I found that using this really upped my performance when used on the bottom of the floor and the inside of the walls (which you should never see). Seriously this about doubled my FPS.

I'm now looking at ways to up my performance and so i'm interested to see where this topic goes.
<-> Rate someone badly if they say something that has absolutely nothing to do with your problem; don't rate people badly because they tried to help you with their limited knowledge. <->
try glGetString( GL_VENDOR ) and see what that saiz
the gffx 5200, whilst being a good card doesnt have much fillrate. thus at resolutions of > 800x600 it might stuggle with even pretty basic scenes

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement