Sign in to follow this  
_Sauce_

Change Avatar

_Sauce_    116
Sorry to post this here, but you guys don't have a "general" forum. I was just wondering how to change your Avatar, (I know you can because I've seen some other people around with a different one) and also if it's possible to have an image in my sig. I tried it using:
img src="Location of Image" alt="Alternate text"img
(I removed the <> and </> so it wouldn't try to render it) like it said on the faq page but that didn't work... It just keeps changing it back to nothing, so is it possible?

Sneftel    1788
Avatars are a feature of GDNet+. And we don't allow images in sigs because, well, they're annoying as hell.

_Sauce_    116
Yeah I just found where to do it but it's GDNet+ members only... that's really gay. I can deal with no sig but no avatar even?!? Pfsshhh I use avatars to associate with another member... If there is no avatar, I continually have to scrool up and down a thread to work out what the hell is going on...

aviosity    194
Hm...a tip. When scrolling through the forums, I try not to identify who's posting. That way, I can go ahead and read everybody's post, so I can learn a little bit more. Saved me a lot of pain in things like event handling, etc by things I accidentally picked up by reading everyone's complete postings. Plus, it makes everyone equal...conformity is necessary in a frontier like here, keeps everyone focused on what we're here for.

Mushu    1396
Quote:
Original post by _Sauce_
...If there is no avatar...

There is an avatar. Its just the same as everyone else's [grin]