Need help installing F# for VS2005 Express

Started by
1 comment, last by Dave Hunt 18 years ago
Hi! Does anyone know how to get this working with vs express? First of all it can't reg two of the dlls, and all the troubleshooting info I can find on that is for vs 2003. Second of all it doesn't create the necessary registry entries under vs8 packages. EDIT: btw, thought I should add that yes I read the "The Express releases such as Visual C# 2005 Express are not sufficient, nor are beta versions of these." line in the readme. This F# Manual Page however seems to indicate that it does work with the express versions :S
Quote: Using Visual C# 2005 Express and Friends Visual C# 2005 Express, Visual Basic 2005 Express and some similar products are no-cost downloads from Microsoft site, and can all be used with F# code, or with multi-language programs. To use them with F#, open a console project and set the properties on the project to indicate the F# program to run.
I'm kind of lost atm Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Best regards, Omid
Advertisement
*bump*

EDIT: Perhaps a mod could put this in .NET forum instead. Might have better luck for an answer there :(

[Edited by - Omid Ghavami on April 19, 2006 12:44:13 PM]
Best regards, Omid
The Express editions do not support add-ins, so you won't be able to use the "F# For Visual Studio" add-in. That's probably why your install is going pear shaped.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement