Sign in to follow this  
Gameteen

Rotation in GIMP?

Ok, as some of you know, I'm trying to make a simple Asteroids clone. After a deluded attempt at realtime rotation in SDL(Man, that was slooooooow!), I broke down and decided to prerotate the graphics files, like everyone else. The question is how. MSpaint only rotates by 90 degrees, and I need rotation by 11.25 degrees(for a total of 32 rotated pictures). Also, I would prefer to have them all in 1 bitmap, for better storage and access. I have tried GIMP and found it thoroughly confusing(maybe because the average user has an IQ far higher than mine, lol), and the help files haven't been installed, so I can't figure it all out. Questions: 1. Should I stick with GIMP? If so, how do I install the help files? And how do I do rotations(so many options, I get lost just thinking about it)? 2. Is there a better way to rotate these images? I am any thing but a graphic artist! As always, thx for helping!

It's easy, just start Gimp, click the rotate button, and fill in the desired angle. If you want to do it for multiple images, you can use batch processing, but you have to read a tutorial.
http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/

If you are using windows I highly recommend Paint .NET. It doesn't have quite as many features as the GIMP, but it's got everything I've ever needed and I find the interface far more intuitive.