• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tBoai

help a beginner please how to make this software?it with dictionary and chat and fil

This topic is 4562 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

maybe my question so stupid~ please for give me~ i want make this software to help some japanese learn english and can put it into a game but most~ use it at desktop. i think it need thoese function: english dictionary; english <-> japanese dictionary; IM chat; file share,any file had index at server,can load a file from each other, seen like emule and bittorrent and Ares; storage ask and answer like a forum or knowledgebase; i dont know how to make a dictionary software. where to find a dictionary file? it is free? i think the WIKIdictionary is free but how to do that? i find many free translate website how to do that? i need the dictionary can modify and add new or i take that content to my database but use what format to storege the dictionary? use sql? i was made a forum use asp, i think that is easy, but i dont know how can i make it be a client/server software.how to? how to make the file share system? can i use some api or library or some .dll or some source code ? i think i dont need re write all of that thing, cause already had many people done that. help me please~ i'm stupid at program. i find a right way to help people learn new language. i think if i make a software that will help many people~ my msn nwocen@hotmail.com

Advertisement
こんにちはボアイさん!

いいアイデアですけど、これはちょっと広いすぎるでしょう. I think narrowing it down to a dictionary with comments is something far more manageable, and still gives you the social interaction you want.

Since you want it networked in the first place, you might be better off creating a webpage for this rather than an application. It'd take far less effort and most of the tools for this sort of thing are already there. And since you say you've already made a forum, this sort of thing とても簡単でしょうね。

Hehe, sorry, I just had to use the chance to practice a little of my own.

If you really want to put it into a game though, there was a game for learning Japanese that you might want to base after, but for Japanese to English, hm. It's an independent group, so I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out in that regard.

I'll see if I can find it again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!