Programming Language??

Started by
4 comments, last by Run_The_Shadows 17 years, 12 months ago
Hey everybody, I'm taking classes for game designing, and one of my classes has an option. In one class, the primary language is Visual Basic.Net. In the other class, the programming language is C#.Net. Which one should I take. What is the industry using the most of. In one of my object-orientated classes, the primary language is C#.Net. In the other class, the programming language is Java. Once again, what class should I take here? My opinion is to take both, doesn't hurt to have too much knowledge.
Advertisement
Why not take your GameDesign and Object-Orientation class in the same language? That way you can care a little less about the semantics of the language and focus on whats really important.
I think C# has a bigger following than VB.net. They're functionally equivalent, though, so it shouldn't make too much difference.

As for the OO course, it doesn't matter much, what you'll be learning are the principles of OO which can than be used in any OO language.
Quote:Original post by Bob Janova
I think C# has a bigger following than VB.net. They're functionally equivalent, though, so it shouldn't make too much difference.

As for the OO course, it doesn't matter much, what you'll be learning are the principles of OO which can than be used in any OO language.

If OO is the main point, I suggest the OP to go for C#, which has been built with OO in mind. Although OO practices has been introduced in VB.Net, it won't be as good as C#.

Regards,
I think the choices for the OO course were C# and Java, and there's very little difference there since they're both pure OO languages.
Bumping to FB.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement