• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alexmullins

How long have you been programming?

This topic is 4506 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Fifteen years or more, depending on when you want to start counting from. Makes me feel old. Somebody who wrote on a Commodore needs to come along and make me feel better about myself.

I have been programming for 16 years now, started back in 1990 with a Commodore 8032 and got a C64 soon afterwards. It all started with BASIC and Assembly back then, but I worked my way up through Pascal, C/C++ and finally to Java :)

EDIT: @jpetrie, take a look at this: http://www.homecomputermuseum.de/comp/16_de.htm

feel better now? ;)

Two years, but really five. I started five years ago, but didn't really do anything worthwhile with it until two years ago.

Ive been programming ever since I was 14.... im 17 now. Im currently taking an online class in game programming, since my school does not offer any computer related courses [sad].

Quote:
Original post by vrok137
Ive been programming ever since I was 14.... im 17 now. Im currently taking an online class in game programming, since my school does not offer any computer related courses [sad].

Well I am 15 at the moment and my school doesnt offer any c++ courses so I asked my mom and dad if I could probably take a class at my local university and I found out that they do offer classes to younger people like me. But im not sure if I want to take it or not.

could I get some advice on this please.

25 Years!

Started on ZX81 in 1981.

Platform history like this...

ZX81 -> Spectrum -> Dragon32 -> BBC Micro -> Acorn Archimedes-> PC -> Playstation -> Playstation 2 -> Playstation 3

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!