Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Woman. C&C Needed.

This topic is 4401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

//update// I think I might be beating a dead horse, but im continuing my old model with a complete restructure. This is a new topology, C&C much needed. Thanks guys. Also, theres some nudity, but not much, so those who do not wish to see it should not click the thumbnail. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Thanks, Slowpid [Edited by - slowpid on May 3, 2006 12:46:50 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I really like it! Only a handful of things:
-The back/buttox topology looks a bit strange, but at this point I'd say dont' worry about it, since there's not a ton of deformation there anyway.
-The pelvis bone doesn't look correct where it is emphasized. It sticks out more from the side, and less in front, right now its sort of an even ridge around the body.
-On my own head, so I may be wrong in general, the ear connects closer to the jawbone than you have it. The ear sits almost on top of the ridge, and not on the actual jawbone. Not sure if that's something that changes between people, and it won't be seen, just a comparative observation.
-The top eyelid needs a deeper crease.

Overall though, I can tell you've really improved. Details like the belly button and ears and lips look good, and your knee has been great since your first WIP shot months ago.

Wendigo: Even without arms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very nice!

Excepting the hair, at least (I'm a fan of the previous over-the-face-red-hair style you had going, and not so much the tapeworm-placeholder style). The only things that still bother me are the area just above the eye (more definition needed, I think), and the bottom lip looks a bit overly, uh, luscious. The latter may be due to the lighting, but the crease in the middle seems overdefined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would lower the eyes a little bit, while keeping the nose and eyebrows as-is (maybe lower the brows 1/2 of the eyes).

Also, the arm pits look good, but you're likely going to have a hard time skinning that well for animation.

Last, the breasts are way too normal for videogames (only half kidding, unfortunately...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by wendigo23
For what it's worth, I'd hit that (if there was something to, er, hit). I guess that's a compliment.


Be carefull, even without arms she hits back.

Quote:
I really like it! Only a handful of things:
-The back/buttox topology looks a bit strange, but at this point I'd say dont' worry about it, since there's not a ton of deformation there anyway.
-The pelvis bone doesn't look correct where it is emphasized. It sticks out more from the side, and less in front, right now its sort of an even ridge around the body.
-On my own head, so I may be wrong in general, the ear connects closer to the jawbone than you have it. The ear sits almost on top of the ridge, and not on the actual jawbone. Not sure if that's something that changes between people, and it won't be seen, just a comparative observation.
-The top eyelid needs a deeper crease.

Overall though, I can tell you've really improved. Details like the belly button and ears and lips look good, and your knee has been great since your first WIP shot months ago.

Wendigo: Even without arms?


I agree fully with all points. I've updated her to reflect this, especially the eyelid thing. The buttox topology is rather difficult to change however, so that region is yet to get any attention. Thanks again Prof.


Quote:
I think the achilles heel needs some work (maybe it's just the angle, though).


Yeah, the feet are the most neglected part of the model(minus the hands). She even had semi-detailed arms at one point but I removed them to make way for something a little more defined. Thanks Salsa, appreciated.


Quote:
Very nice!

Excepting the hair, at least (I'm a fan of the previous over-the-face-red-hair style you had going, and not so much the tapeworm-placeholder style). The only things that still bother me are the area just above the eye (more definition needed, I think), and the bottom lip looks a bit overly, uh, luscious. The latter may be due to the lighting, but the crease in the middle seems overdefined.


Yeah, I'm not sure about the hair either. I wanted to see if polygonal hair looked better with more then less strands, but I have yet to texture either. I'll show how it comes out. Eye comment is noted, thanks. As for the lip, its getting made smaller but I think I will keep the crease, in reality its based on my girlfriends lips which are the same make, model and size. Thanks for your help thus far, much appreciated....god.


Quote:
Might want to move the ears back slightly, the crease of the jaw going behind the ear seems odd. Otherwise it's very realistic.



This is a pain in the ass as its a topology thing, but it does need changing so im getting to it. Thanks for the help.


Quote:
I would lower the eyes a little bit, while keeping the nose and eyebrows as-is (maybe lower the brows 1/2 of the eyes).

Also, the arm pits look good, but you're likely going to have a hard time skinning that well for animation.

Last, the breasts are way too normal for videogames (only half kidding, unfortunately...)


The breasts are pretty big already for an athletic girl, but the game is pretty gritty and there is no place for an overly volumptuous girl. As for the arm pits, they should be alright but only time will tell, well see when I get there. Thanks.

I wish I had more time and skill to work on this, thanks everyone for helping out and lending me your eyes and knowledge.

Yuri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
The original full-size picture isn't working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!