• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

character facing problem

This topic is 4326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im making an iso type, so how can I do Diablo-ish character movement, and have the character face the correct direction? What sort of technique is used to determine which sprite to use so the character looks at the mouse?

Advertisement
Well if you are using Microsoft Visiual Basic 6.0 and its using tile based scrolling i can find u the code for your sprite to move in eight dircetion according to the keyboade keys but not sure about with the mouse but im sure you could modify the code to work. oh i also have code for a tile based scrolling program that moves in the direction of the mouse that you might be able to modify to work.

ok well u can look over the code i have for my program if u want to and see what u can use its http://www.geocities.com/mishki221/ the top download has an executable file if u want to take a look at the movement of my game and the bottom one has the code in txt format for u to look at and maybe it can help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement