Option to have build errors in a data structure instead of a string

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years ago
I was wondering if it would be possible to get an array/list of data structures instead of using the OutputStream for errors that occur while building a module. For instance, a struct/class containing the section name, error type, line number, column number, error message, etc. This would allow for application writers to easily reformat/eliminate part of the error messages. Not really much of an issue, but it might be nice to have. Thanks, Zoma
Advertisement
I think that is a great idea.

What I have done is on the asIScriptOutstream write() method is just throw each error string into an array (vector) that I can then pull the error line and column out of. However, it would be great if there was some sort of struct:

struct:
line
column
type
yes, this is indeed a not-optional feature that the application engine writer should have (i already throw it in http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=384829). i thought also to have in the struct a error "type" property (and error "identifier" of course), so you'll know if is a compiling error, an exception or a warnings, so you can output to the script writer what kind of troubles they could have, or even filter them in some cases (especially similar type conversion warnings that script can live with...).
This is a good idea. Add that with the message ID that kunitoki suggested in the other thread, and it will be really generic.

I'll add this to the to-do list.

Thanks for the idea.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement