Seams in my water's edge

Started by
4 comments, last by Hydrael 18 years ago
When i am rendering my water i can see like the edges and they move as the water moves. See Picture in the pixel shader i have tried clamping the Texture coords but that doesn't fix the problem. any suggestions anyone?
Advertisement
What is your glClear() set to? Try clearing your color to the color of your water and see if it goes away. I am assuming you have degenerate triangles? and what is your near plane set to? Try 1.5 or 3.0 if you can to increase the precision of the depth buffer.
sorry i didn't explain the rest properly ....the water plane is made up very similiar to brute force like terrain. I am using regular triangle list and it is indexed.

when you go very close to the seam, you can see it is caused from the texture coords been distorted. Only prob is i don't know how to get the effect i want without distorting the tex coords.
Are you rendering your reflection map by setting a clip plane at waterlevel?
If yes, you could try to offset the clip plane a littlebit upward. That did it for me.

Greets
Chris
yep you are dead right, thanks mate...that was the last thing i was thinking about it ...problem solved!! :-)
Fine, I'm glad it worked ;)
That's some nice terrain you got there btw ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement