• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Question

This topic is 4313 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I want to buy the book "Programming RPG with DirectX" 2nd Edition by Jim Adams. I read though that there's some problems with the source code. I'd grateful if someone who has some corrections could send them to me to "chatz_thrilos@yahoo.gr". Blart

Advertisement
I know that, but I really need the corrections. In addition, I'm a totally beginner.

my opinion is that book is a little bit advanced for a beginner. it assumes ur good at c to begin with and then gives some little crash courses in the c++ improvements then goes straight into a framework with a event handler and other things. it is a good book but not a beginners book. ive used that book a lot and never had problems with the source? which bit are you refering to?

When you work them out yourself you learn a great deal of things. I recently bought "Managed DirectX9 Kickstart" and it has some depecrated things used in its source, I easily fixed it and now I've memorized more of necessary elements.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement