sdk for last generation consoles

Started by
13 comments, last by superpig 17 years, 11 months ago
actually i think that's a wonderful idea. has many people program and want to do game programming in their own spare time. selling limited SDKs would be a good way to get extra value from your machine and still have the product in circulation. nostalgia is the lifeline of the video game industry. as the Lounge has proven [grin]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
I recently purchased a PS2-Linux kit that allows you to program the PS2 drectly through the use of an external hard drive pre-loaded with linux.

I havnt had time to play with it yet but if your in education you can get it for 99 Euros.

check out http://playstation2-linux.com/

Ste
Quote:Original post by Red Jasper
how can they still make money out of a dead console?

Quote:Original post by outRider
They don't want you playing anything on their old consoles that might keep your attention away from playing games on their new consoles.

From their point of view, extending the lifespan of an old console (especially through software that they wont get a licensing fee out of, i.e. homebrew) is unacceptable when they have a new console and games out.

umm just FYI the original XBox is far from dead and will have games selling building residual income for years and years to come.
Quote:Original post by Saruman

umm just FYI the original XBox is far from dead and will have games selling building residual income for years and years to come.

Aye. You'd probably be hard pressed to get a completely new Xbox game signed now, but there are still lots of projects in development, that should keep the console's portfolio expanding for a good couple of years.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement