• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rozik

Path Problems

This topic is 4568 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey everyone, i have a little problem setting a path for a file. i wrote a little Resourceloader to open zip files and load files into memory everything works fine when the zipfile is in the same folder as the .exe i just use Media.zip as path then when i try to chenge the path to a Resource folder i get in trouble and the application crashes i tried the following: ./Resources/Media.zip Resources/Media.zip Resources\\Media.zip .\\Resources\\Media.zip but none of these paths work. could it be that std::string has trouble with . or \ ?

Advertisement
I had many problems with paths when I was coding with win api and resource files before. Try to include the whole path including the partition and see what happens.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Look into printing out the current directory within the program. I have a feeling that the current directory is not the directory that you think it is and it cannot find the file.

What happens when you pass it the full path of the zip file?

when i use the full path i get the same result

it says the error is in dbgheap.c

no clue what includes that its not one of my files

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!