• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LongInteger

DevC++ dot operator list??

This topic is 4566 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

in vc++ when you instantiate a class eg CMyClass myclass; and then you go on to use the . operator like myclass.myfunc(), the myfunc() comes appears in a drop down list when you press the dot after the instantiation. Ive noticed it doesnt do it in devc++ . . . is this just the way it is or can you make it do the list . . it doesnt work with the pointer ref eg CMyClass* myclass; myclass->myfunc() . .. .this doesnt present the function list either. so. Can it be done?

Advertisement
I assume you have Dev-C++ 4.9.xxx
Go to the editor options and to the class browser settings.

Activate the class browser and code completion.
Enable scanning of local and global headers.

Click on OK, and the program should automatically scan all global and local headers. Try again then...

When ever I had used it, it seemed to slow everything in the editor down, but that was probably because one file included around 200 others [smile].

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!