• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Blaze23

I have a newbish question

This topic is 4562 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm in a intro to game design class, and I need help with a topic I need to explain in class today. This is my topic. What are dramatic story devices used in video games. would this be music, characters bios, plots, interactible NPCs? Im not sure. please help [Edited by - Blaze23 on April 19, 2006 11:06:05 AM]

Advertisement
All of them? Why do you want to have only ONE dramatic sorty device in a game? More seriously, this is homework. You have to do it yourself, because it is the only way to learn. Do some internet research, read articles and so on. You'll have your answers (as well as sources to help you in the future).

Regards,

I wasn't asking you to do my homework for me. I just want examples so I could get an Idea of what I am suppose to do. Plus I did do internet research. I did it yesturday and today. I the internet is being real dumb, I not getting the right answers to my question.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Gamasutra should help you out here.
http://gamasutra.com/php-bin/article_display.php?category=4

Not sure what you mean by story devices but in gernal it is a combination of everything the player experiences. For example, how did the old text based adventures convey the story to the player? Point and Click games from LucasArts? Final Fantasty series evolvement?

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you knew the meaning of "dramatic story device", the answer would be obvious. I think it is odd that you have to explain something in class today that you know nothing about.

Anyway, this is homework.

I got my answer hours ago.But thanks anyway for helping out. Someone gave me literary devices in games as an example. So I finaly got the idea and did plot devices for my discussion. I have to get over the problem of thinking too much, which prevented me from understanding what I was doing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!