• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
appel

Converting XSI to sprite

This topic is 4591 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There is this old game that I love, it's 3D and I have the XSI files for all the units and buildings in the game. (http://bzscrap.com/downloads/Utilities/xsi's.zip) That game is called battlezone 2 btw. I want to do a little game RTS game like C&C, using the units and structures from battlezone 2. (Nevermind the copyright, this is only a game for me personally). Since this will be a isometric game, I cannot simply use one image of every unit and building (top-view), I have to generate sprite animations for the units. My question is, what is the best way to take XSI files like those and create sprites that I can use in my 2D game? (btw. textures are not included in that zip file, I have them though).

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!