SDL problem again...

Started by
2 comments, last by Simian Man 17 years, 12 months ago
Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\SDL.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\SDL_ttf.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded symbols for 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCP60D.DLL' Loaded symbols for 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRTD.DLL' The program 'D:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\SDL Introduction.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0). im using visual studio 6.0 and trying the tutorial from http://www.aaroncox.net/tutorials/arcade/Introduction.html it seg faults when I run it, and im not real good with using the VS debugger... can anyone help me out with whats going on or what I should do?
Advertisement
Those lines above are pretty irrelevant, actually. I know they look important, but they're not. :)

I advise you to get good with the debugger! At the very least, get it to stop on the line where your program is crashing. You may need to run in windowed mode for this to work.

Failing that, put some output statements throughout your code, logging information to a file, to narrow down where the problem happens.
thank you very much, the debugger is still kind of wierd for me but I found the error, I was loading ariels.ttf instead of arials.ttf and it would seg fault, would figure it would have been able to show me where, but nope :). Thank you,

-Karakadin
This is why you check to see if TTF_OpenFont returns NULL. [smile]

If it does, you record it somehow, and then you know what your problem is. It seems like a waste of time to check everything like this, but it will save you debugging time in the long rum!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement