Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
deftware

Engine crash problems...

This topic is 4507 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hey all, I'm working on a project with a friend (http://revolude.blogspot.com) I have been working on this project for a few days now, working out bugs as they come up, etc. I sent the first version to my friend Paul who I'm working on it with, and got an email saying he couldn't run it, and it just crashed. I can't figure out what the problem is, I disassembled my exe and looked where the offset he said windows claimed the exception occured and it was somewhere in my UI code when it converts an element string from the UI files into a value it can reference inside the code. This code itself is very simple, I don't see how it could cause an exception. I just wanted to know if anyone would be willing to check it out for me. The exe/datafiles are at http://www.van-noland.com/files/revolude.zip MSVC++ source tree (and datafiles) are at http://www.van-noland.com/files/revolude_src_4-19-06.zip I just want to know if it crashes on other machines. If not, it'd be cool if some of you played around with it and had some feedback. I didn't check if these sorts of posts are illegal on this forum. I suppose I'll do that now and edit/remove it if they are. Thanks. -radioteeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!