• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problem on Lesson 11

This topic is 4326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In Lesson 11,when I reach the section of initiation for the 3 dimensional array points[x][y][3],I can't get it through.Confused by the array,I don't understand what the exact objectives of points[x][y][0],points[x][y][1],and points[x][y][2] The image is acing with 3D,so we should add a new dimension.Then what does the [0] mean?In books,I have been told if I define a array SamAy[4][4],then analysing SamAy[x][y],x stands for the "x"th row,and y stands for the "y"th column.Here,I don't know how to work on the 3rd dimension.

Advertisement
It's not the third dimention as you think it is.
X and y is the vertex order along the wave plane surface the third one contains the actual coordinates.
points[x][y][0] = x
points[x][y][1] = y
points[x][y][2] = Z

so points is as 2D array of float[3] coordinates.

"points is as 2D array of float[3] coordinates."
En......
I think that we can reach a point with points[x][y] which tells us it is in "x"th row and "y"th column,but points[x][y] is not enough to get the exact spatial coordinates,so we add float[3].As a matter of fact,[x][y] is the logical place in our mind and the [3] is the true coordinates.
All Right?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement