Full Metal Conflict Alpha Test 2

Started by
5 comments, last by bjz 17 years, 12 months ago
Here's an alpha test of our up coming game and a showcase for my soon to be released C++ general purpose game engine(It's 3d portion is based on the latest build of Ogre so it's proven tech). (It's already been released for BlitzMax, check the forums for Aurora.) The game has been in development for a few weeks, it features ode powered physics, stencil self shadowing shadows and more. It's basically modern retalling of the old classic Twisted Metal 2. Vehicle combat. Credits: Engine Coder:Antony Wells Demo Coder:Damien Sturdy 3D Art & Level Design:Adrian Tysoe. Link: Click here to download (7mb) Shot 1 Full ode powered physics on every crash/ship, and seld shadowing stencil shadows on everything, no lightmaps used. Shot 2 Shot 3 Some notes: This is just a early prototype so the controls are not final. They're abit too sensitive atm.
Advertisement
Controls are definetly waaay too sensitive, but its very spiffy :-D

You might want to consider lowering the effects of gravity on the bullets imo.

Overall I like it :-D
Yeah I agree about the controls. This is just an early prototype of the game. Today or tomorrow we're starting over (Gameplay wise, not engine) and we'll hopefully nail the controls alot better this time.

Stay tuned for a better alpha test :)
Spiffy! Another thing you might want to look into is the weapons, they are so how do you say it, not cool :-P The physics effects are really nice, but a nice explosion with the weapons would be cool. Right now its like Twisted Metal with Nerf Foam Weapons :P
Heh yeah Damien just coded them(Nades) to test raypicks I think. Trust me, when I'm done with this grenades will engulf the screen in smoke and debris, with concussion effects you could write home about :)

And the lasers, don't get me started on how many types of lasers they'll be!
Nice stuff :-D Can't wait to see more!

Im going to be working on my own combat shooter shooter esque racing game with ogre this summer! More wipeout style though then twisted metal. Best of luck to you guys!
very impressive stuff, the graphics look supurb but the controls are way to sensitive and the weapons are very lacking in 'oomph'

keep up the great work guys
Pentium 4 541 3.2Ghz2048MB DDR2 Ram Dual ChannelLeadtek WinFast 256MB GeForce 7800GT120GB Segate SATA HDDDirectX 9.0cWindows XP Professional SP2
Quote:Original post by AntonyCoder
And the lasers, don't get me started on how many types of lasers they'll be!

You can never have enough lasers. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement