• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ChenA

About the paper "Rendering Outdoor Light Scattering in Real Time"

This topic is 4395 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i read the paper "Rendering Outdoor Light Scattering in Real Time". In the end the paper give the equation need to implement in the vertex shader. where Br is the Rayleigh coefficient, Bm is the Mie coefficient, g is Henyey/Greenstein phase function eccentricity, and Esun is the irradiance of the sun. but the paper don't tell me how to get these parameter(Br,Bm,g,Esun). Is somebody knows?Any explanation will help me. Thanks. [Edited by - ChenA on April 20, 2006 10:21:58 AM]

Advertisement
I implement the method,but the result is not good.

the left is the scattering integral result,the right is the blend of sky and cloud.
the top time is 7:30,the bottom time is 7:45.
the cloud surround the sun is not red,and the cloud in the other part of the sky is too dark.

this time is 12:00.
the problem is the left is too blue.
Anybody know why?Is it because the parameter is not appropriate?I adjust the parameter real time,these screen shoot is the best complexion.
If someone also implement this method,can you give me some suggestion?
Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by okonomiyaki
Check out Nielson's paper. He figures out a way to dynamically calculate the g directionality factor and the intensity of the sun that really helps.

Thanks,i read this paper,i use his method to calculate g and sun intensity,but i still don't have good result.I read the code snippets,i have some question,for example,he calculate the max sun intensity,but he don't use in the effect file.Do you have the source code or the exe?Do you have nielson's email?
Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!