• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JonW

Anti-aliased Bezier curves

This topic is 4499 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm working on an app that draws a bunch of white cubic bezier curves at an 800x600 resolution on a black background. Naturally, the curves are not very smooth because of the relatively large square pixels. I've googled for a while but haven't been able to come up with any solution on how to render the curve without blockiness. This must be a fairly common issue. I appreciate any leads in the right direction. Thanks, Jon

Advertisement
yeah, you'll need a quadro or fireGL for that, since the gaming cards don't support anti-aliased lines.

I guess you could employ some method of supersampling or render to texture and employ the texture filtering to anti-alias the lines.... but basically, you'll have to do your own anti-aliasing for that.

You may be able to get away with rendering a series of connected quads mapped with some gradient texture.

Theres also an article in GPU Gems 2 called "Fast Prefiltered Lines" that might be worth checking out.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Fast Antialiasing Using Prefiltered Lines on Graphics Hardware

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/articles/prefilter/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!