• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

writing octal data to file in C++

This topic is 4415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am trying to write octal data to file but I get a bunch of weird numbers instead - currently I am doing it the following way - which I know is wrong
file << info << std::endl;

I also tried the following
file <<std::ios::oct << info << std::endl;

But this does not work either. Could anyone tell me how to write octal data to file so that it shows up like a string Currently this is what I see in the file \327\255\222)\220\235^Y\322/\320\244\303\3054\273^Fa@$h Thanks

Advertisement
What is "info", what does it contain, and what exactly do you wish to view in the output?

ie: if "info" is an integer containing 123456, do you want to see 361100?

I have a string which is hashed using a MD5 algorithm using crypt library in solaris and now I am trying to write this encrypted string to file. "info" is the encrypted string. However in vi editor I get that output with escape sequences.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!