Hello Everyone

Started by
4 comments, last by sanscript 17 years, 12 months ago
I am very new to this site and just wanted to say hello. I am going to be 31 years old this June and was wondering if I am too late to start a career in Game Development. I am now starting to learn a programming language. I was browsing the siet yesterday and that got me thinking. I really enjoy playing video games, and I also enjoy the Graohic Engines out there that are in use. I have graduated last year (took time off from school) with a BA in 3D and Visualization. I do not mind putting in the time to learn and have taken a C++ class last year. I am buying the books recommended on this site for beginners and look forward to learning and being a more active member on this wonderful site. Thank you, Fred
Advertisement
No time is too late. Unless you are computer illiterate. I mean, it is best to get an early start, but there is no reason you can't enter the market now.
___________________________________________________Optimists see the glass as Half FullPessimists See the glass as Half EmptyEngineers See the glass as Twice as big as it needs to be
First of all welcome to GameDev.net.

As said before, it is never too late to start programming.

If you need any help don't be afraid to ask in this foruns, we'll be happy to help you out, just be sure to specify your problem/doubt as good as possible.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and being part of this great community :)
Hi SNK

I'm 30 and left game-developing last year :)

I still do programming though, but if I could rewind time, I'd definately go into sales & marketing!
Thank you everyone for all the replies. I will be sure to ask questions as long as they have not been asked before. I always use search before posting questions.

Thanks again!

Fred
30/31 isn't too old to try out any new career these days...people change jobs all the time. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement