• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[MDX] Sprite Transparency / Stretching

This topic is 4326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an image file from which I extract textures to use in my sprites (using the rectangle parameter in the sprite Draw2D method). One of my parts is at specific coordinates and is surrounded by transparency (its a png file). When I extract that rectangular area from the image and stretch it in the sprite Im get transparency-color gradiant blurs on the sides. I think this may have to do with the way the sprite object stretches regions. I think it first stretches the whole image and then extracts the rectangle i specified, thus causing the transparency gradiant. It would seem more logical if the sprite object first were to extract the rectangle and Then stretch it. Does this have anything to do with it? :S Is there anyway to work around this problem? Thank you, (See: http://www.update.advantum-int.com/sprites/sprites.html)

Advertisement
Sorry, no idea, haven't used it. However, the D3DXSprite class seems to generate confusion in many areas, and since it's closed source the details aren't there for inspection (or improvement), so I think writing your own or grabbing somebody else's might be a good idea.

I would offer mine, but it's so integrated with the rest of the engine that it's probably not easy to detach.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement