• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Hello

This topic is 4325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, Go ahead and call me Kain. I am fairly new to game programming (( even though I have started a group >.> )) however I have always believed if your going to dream... dream big. So here I am! I am hoping the community here will be able to support our efforts and give us help as we need it. Hopefully one day i will be expierenced enough to pay all that back and help future people like myself. Thank you! ~Kain

Advertisement
Welcome to gamedev.net :)

Some advice:

1.) Stay out of the Lounge

2.) If you want to get your name changed for any reason, PM Myopic Rhino and not Dave.

3.) Obey the mighty Washu if you value your life.

Other than that, have fun!

Quote:
Original post by Kain Mikado
Go ahead and call me Kain.

Hi Kain, I'm new too! Looking to learn and pick up some tips! And now I'm very curious about the Lounge...off to explore...

Welcome! I think you will find the folks here helpful and nice (for the most part). Do yourself a favor, try to do a little research before posting a question. Even a quick search of these forums will reveal most answers to questions you have. Like the others said, have fun.

Quote:
Original post by programwizard
1.) Stay out of the Lounge

As long as you know proper English punctuation and are able to back up each post with a valid knowledgable response, you should be fine [smile].

Quote:
Original post by vrok137
As long as you know proper English punctuation and are able to back up each post with a valid knowledgable response, you should be fine [smile].

Rating is only one reason. It's like using char* strings in C++, there are so many possible problems that you can't list them all. For me the biggest problem have been the decades (well weeks, might be more appropiate) I have wasted in the lounge. Anyway if you become an active member of the community you won't be able to keep out of the lounge, it's like an black hole.
</exaggeration>

Anyway it's not as bad as people make it seem. If you value your rating don't post weird topics, with no relevance at all to developers (Rain 7), use proper punctation and spelling (as stated before), don't use leet-speek (stuff like AFAIK, BTW etc. is acceptable, but Pr0gr4m1N (programming) is not), don't post about politics or religion unless you have the same opinion as the majority (I tend to stay out of these topics as they lead to nothing) and most importantly never post about your rating.

lol I will keep all that in mind. I hope to become a strong member eventually but for now I am a newb XD that's ok though. everyone starts there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement