• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Synt4x

Visual C++ 2005 Express w/ SDL

This topic is 4506 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im also having an SDL problem, not sure if it's SDL or Visual C++, but I did AAron Cox first introduction tutorial in VS6.0, but now I just downloaded Visual C++ 2005 Express, the free one everyone keeps tellin me to get. but NOW, I take my old code files, put them into Visual C++ 2005 Express. and now I get this error: Compiling... Main.cpp Compiling manifest to resources... Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'uuid.lib' can you guys explain to me what uuid.lib is or where I get it or make it not try to load it? thanks for your help, -Karakadin

Advertisement
I have the Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 SP1 installed on my computer... is there something more I need to do, set it up, or do something with it, I havent touched it after installing,

-Karakadin

Quote:
From the Platform SDK Install Instructions
Step 4: Update the corewin_express.vsprops file.

One more step is needed to make the Win32 template work in Visual C++ Express. You need to edit the corewin_express.vsprops file (found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjectDefaults) and

Change the string that reads:

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib" to

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"

Have you followed all the installation instructions? [smile]

There's a file you need to edit...I forget what it's called, but there should be a video tutorial link on the Platform SDK page that explains it at some point.

-AJ

EDIT: Beat to it

ok, I edited that file, and it helped, but now it is asking for user32.lib...

Edit: hrmm, I havent tried the video yet, I will, will that fix this user32.lib? if not, let me know what else I can do.

-Karakadin

ok guys, I did that, now im getting this as an error:

Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: struct StateStruct const & __thiscall std::_Deque_const_iterator<struct StateStruct,class std::allocator<struct StateStruct>,1>::operator*(void)const " (??D?$_Deque_const_iterator@UStateStruct@@V?$allocator@UStateStruct@@@std@@$00@std@@QBEABUStateStruct@@XZ)
C:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\SDL Introduction.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
SDL Introduction - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

-Karakadin

From my experience, the unresolved external usually means you haven't linked against a particular .lib file. Check back at the tutorial you got your code from and make sure you have and linked to the correct libs. Also make sure the directory your libs are in is in directory list in the compiler options.

-AJ

OK, I did everything in the http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx link,
as well as everything in the http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx tutorial,
Any other ideas??

-Karakadin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!