• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Plasmarobo

Dev C++ and Direct X

This topic is 4418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Dev C++ and Direct X. (I hate Visual C++ 2005 and cannot afford 2003) I get a linker error and people have told me that I need to include the .lib files individually. What files do I need to use these: d3d9.h d3dx9.h dplay8.h dpaddr.h dinput.h I have just linked to the general C:\DX90SDK\lib directory. But I have no Idea how to link to the individual files.... for this.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if Dev C++ lets you do this, but I'm quite sure you could link them right in the source file:

#pragma comment(lib,"d3d9.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"d3dx9.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dplay8.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dpaddr.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dinput.h")

I tried getting DirectX to work with Dev C++, it never happened.

From what I have heard, you may need a special version of the SDK (which I found painfully hard to find). If you happen to have Visual C++ Express, you can try there to see if it works.

I would recommend using Code::Blocks and set up DirectX with that IDE. It has been a while since I did this, so I cannot offer a good explanation, but you can use different compilers with codeblocks. I simply used the MSVC++ 2003 compiler(not the ide) and was able to use DirectX that way.

I have Dev-CPP and DirectX working together just fine. I forgot what I did, but another person posted something like this some time ago here in the For Beginners, and Drew_Benton answered it with a GREAT article, and it works. You might want to search for it.

Chad.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!