• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Dev C++ and Direct X

This topic is 4322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using Dev C++ and Direct X. (I hate Visual C++ 2005 and cannot afford 2003) I get a linker error and people have told me that I need to include the .lib files individually. What files do I need to use these: d3d9.h d3dx9.h dplay8.h dpaddr.h dinput.h I have just linked to the general C:\DX90SDK\lib directory. But I have no Idea how to link to the individual files.... for this.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if Dev C++ lets you do this, but I'm quite sure you could link them right in the source file:

#pragma comment(lib,"d3d9.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"d3dx9.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dplay8.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dpaddr.h")
#pragma comment(lib,"dinput.h")

I tried getting DirectX to work with Dev C++, it never happened.

From what I have heard, you may need a special version of the SDK (which I found painfully hard to find). If you happen to have Visual C++ Express, you can try there to see if it works.

I would recommend using Code::Blocks and set up DirectX with that IDE. It has been a while since I did this, so I cannot offer a good explanation, but you can use different compilers with codeblocks. I simply used the MSVC++ 2003 compiler(not the ide) and was able to use DirectX that way.

I have Dev-CPP and DirectX working together just fine. I forgot what I did, but another person posted something like this some time ago here in the For Beginners, and Drew_Benton answered it with a GREAT article, and it works. You might want to search for it.

Chad.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement