What is .....?

Started by
10 comments, last by ablaye 18 years ago
What is a target platform???? and what is a gui-operating system and why is it called that??? what does gui stand for?? AND where can I get c or c++ Do you buy these programming languages?? where can i gat visual c++??? how much does it usually cost? Chip Holder
AjM&*SoG
Advertisement
Not you again...

Go google for Code::Blocks. It is a free C/C++ compiler.

You can easily use Google to find out the definitions of the words you were asking about. You need to learn to do at least a little research before posting a question.
ok thanks
last question....

what do they mean when they say ...
a library is something that lets you connect to the hardware??? what exactly does that mean that a library does??
AjM&*SoG
A library is a place where you get books. You should try it sometime. [wink] Other then that I have no idea who "they" are and their comment on libraries doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
oh
well
it says this...

DirectX is a library that allows you to access the hardware directly, which means you can write high-performance games.

thanks
chip holder

ps.
I have researched it and I still don't know what A TARGET PLATFORM is.
I have yahooed it and googled it but it tells me what a platform is in reference to hardware but nothing tells me what a Target platform is.
AjM&*SoG
Quote:Original post by Chip Holder
oh
well
it says this...

DirectX is a library that allows you to access the hardware directly, which means you can write high-performance games.

thanks
chip holder

ps.
I have researched it and I still don't know what A TARGET PLATFORM is.
I have yahooed it and googled it but it tells me what a platform is in reference to hardware but nothing tells me what a Target platform is.

A target platform is the platform you are targetting. Meaning, the platform you are programming your software to run on.
Please stop mass-posting the same questions over and over.
Target Platform.

Lets break this up into it's 2 basic parts. First you have target. What does target mean you ask? Well in this case it is "intend (something) to move towards a certain goal". Are you still with me? If so lts move on to...

Platform. Google tells me this is..
Quote:In computing, a platform describes some sort of framework, either in hardware or software, which allows software to run. Typical platforms include a computer's architecture, operating system, or programming languages and their runtime libraries.

I hope I don't have to put the two together for you as well.
so basically it's the main platform which you are using to run programs on like Windows. Right?
AjM&*SoG
Quote:Original post by Chip Holder
so basically it's the main platform which you are using to run programs on like Windows. Right?

right.
This space for rent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement