• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
derek7

where is .x default template defination?

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
The SDK documentation has everything you need to know about how the templates are defined: DirectX Graphics -> Direct3D 9 -> Programming Guide -> Getting Started -> XFiles (Legacy).

I'm not aware of a "default template" though. Why do you think there is one, or where have you seen it mentioned?

Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
The SDK documentation has everything you need to know about how the templates are defined: DirectX Graphics -> Direct3D 9 -> Programming Guide -> Getting Started -> XFiles (Legacy).

I'm not aware of a "default template" though. Why do you think there is one, or where have you seen it mentioned?

Jack

I mean it can be used without be defined .it maybe is defined somewhere by offical.

To register the default templates so that you can parse a .x file with the ID3DXFile interface you need the following:

#include <d3dx9xof.h>
#include <rmxfguid.h>
#include <rmxftmpl.h>

ID3DXFile* pXFile = NULL;
D3DXFileCreate(&pXFile);
pXFile->RegisterTemplates( D3DRM_XTEMPLATES, D3DRM_XTEMPLATE_BYTES);

Quote:
Original post by DXnut
To register the default templates so that you can parse a .x file with the ID3DXFile interface you need the following:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Is it a must? if you define template in .x file,you do not need to register the template. am I right?

another question again:

template SkinWeights {
<6f0d123b-bad2-4167-a0d0-80224f25fabb>
STRING transformNodeName;
DWORD nWeights;
array DWORD vertexIndices[nWeights];
array FLOAT weights[nWeights];
Matrix4x4 matrixOffset;

skinweights defination, but I found a questoin. I bind 2 seperately mesh to a skeletion.
I open .x file and find skinweights template has no mehs name info. that is said: I do not know which mesh does vertex indice in skinweights refer to.

how to solve the problem?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!