where is .x default template defination?

Started by
5 comments, last by derek7 17 years, 12 months ago
where
Advertisement
The SDK documentation has everything you need to know about how the templates are defined: DirectX Graphics -> Direct3D 9 -> Programming Guide -> Getting Started -> XFiles (Legacy).

I'm not aware of a "default template" though. Why do you think there is one, or where have you seen it mentioned?

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
The SDK documentation has everything you need to know about how the templates are defined: DirectX Graphics -> Direct3D 9 -> Programming Guide -> Getting Started -> XFiles (Legacy).

I'm not aware of a "default template" though. Why do you think there is one, or where have you seen it mentioned?

Jack

I mean it can be used without be defined .it maybe is defined somewhere by offical.
To register the default templates so that you can parse a .x file with the ID3DXFile interface you need the following:

#include <d3dx9xof.h>#include <rmxfguid.h>#include <rmxftmpl.h>ID3DXFile* pXFile = NULL;D3DXFileCreate(&pXFile);pXFile->RegisterTemplates( D3DRM_XTEMPLATES, D3DRM_XTEMPLATE_BYTES);
--------------------------Most of what I know came from Frank D. Luna's DirectX books
Quote:Original post by DXnut
To register the default templates so that you can parse a .x file with the ID3DXFile interface you need the following:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

Is it a must? if you define template in .x file,you do not need to register the template. am I right?

another queston: only include <dxfile.h> not work.you must include d3d9.h first,why?
another question again:

template SkinWeights {
<6f0d123b-bad2-4167-a0d0-80224f25fabb>
STRING transformNodeName;
DWORD nWeights;
array DWORD vertexIndices[nWeights];
array FLOAT weights[nWeights];
Matrix4x4 matrixOffset;

skinweights defination, but I found a questoin. I bind 2 seperately mesh to a skeletion.
I open .x file and find skinweights template has no mehs name info. that is said: I do not know which mesh does vertex indice in skinweights refer to.

how to solve the problem?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement