Sign in to follow this  
Ademan555

BusID

Well, I thought i'd give Ubuntu a try. I did, first of all i'd like to say i'm very impressed with it. But second of all i'd like to note that my impression of x is that it does exactly what i had hoped to do, therefore my efforts to create a desktop (well, it seems desktop wasnt the word) would have been in vain. Regardless, i've begun to use that machine much much more. I have an ATI card in that machine, and I tried to install the fglrx drivers for it. I followed a little tutorial ubuntu had supplied, to the letter, i got a minute speed boost, but i'm willing to bet that came from switching from the 386 kernel to the 686 kernel (since all openGL apps were still painfully slow). Anyways, on startup it says DRI fails to initialize. I don't know why but I had this impression that the BusID that x detected was NOT correct, and so I'm asking now. Is there any way to detect the BusID's of your graphics card? Even if that means going through a list of devices. (The device manager isnt what i had in mind because i dont quite know how it works internally, and may just have a list of CONFIGURED hardware, and all that rot) (sorry if my question is confusing, i'm just real confused) thanks -Dan

Sign in to follow this