Sign in to follow this  
BloodLust666

OpenAL not compiling correctly

BloodLust666    104
I've now incorporated OpenAL into my engine and i've been using the documentation and tutorials on here to set it up. but for some reason i'm getting errors like: c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(20): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'ALCdevice *' to 'int' c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(63): error C2664: 'alcDestroyContext' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'ALCcontext *' c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(71): error C2664: 'alcCloseDevice' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int *' to 'ALCdevice *' c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.h(68): error C2079: 'Wrath2D::cWAudio::m_SoundDevice' uses undefined struct 'ALCdevice_struct' c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.h(63): error C2079: 'Wrath2D::cWAudio::cWListener::m_SoundContext' uses undefined struct 'ALCcontext_struct' like it's not getting a lib or dll, but thing is, ididn't see any "*.dll"'s in the SDK i downloaded. what could be the problem? also, i have this coded in: // OpenAL #pragma comment( lib, "OpenAL32.lib" ) #include <al.h> #include <alc.h> #include <alut.h> so i don't know...

Kambiz    758
Quote:
c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(20): error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'ALCdevice *' to 'int' :

You are using an int variable instead of an ALCdevice * at line 20 in SoundManager.cpp

Quote:

c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(63): error C2664: 'alcDestroyContext' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'ALCcontext *'
c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.cpp(71): error C2664: 'alcCloseDevice' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int *' to 'ALCdevice *'

You are using an int (*) variable instead of an ALCdevice *.

Quote:

c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.h(68): error C2079: 'Wrath2D::cWAudio::m_SoundDevice' uses undefined struct 'ALCdevice_struct'
c:\Documents and Settings\ERiveron\Desktop\Stuff\Wrath2D v1.5\SoundManager.h(63): error C2079: 'Wrath2D::cWAudio::cWListener::m_SoundContext' uses undefined struct 'ALCcontext_struct'

There is no structure defined called ALCcontext_struct.
Maybe just ALCcontext ??

If you need the DLLs download and install OpenAL 1.1 Installer for Windows from http://www.openal.org/downloads.html.

Some OpenAL Tutorials:
http://www.devmaster.net/articles.php