Sign in to follow this  
AntonyCoder

Aurora 3D Engine released.

AntonyCoder    145
Aurora, a multi-language 3D engine is out now, check out the official site here Official Aurora Site Some images of our prototype game we're developing using Aurora as it's 3d engine and for physics. Features of the engine are, Features .A next generation oop 3d engine,networking solution and physics api for C#,VB.Net,C++,BlitzMax, Pure Basic and Dark Basic. Rendering Engine based on the industary standard and very latest Ogre Dagon Build. Proven technology expressed in a unique and easy to use way. One license includes all languages. Buy it once and instantly have an engine for just about every mainstream game orientated programming language in existence. The world's most easy to use professional quality 3D engine yet. Create fully playable games in hours, not months. Supports Boned animation Texture shadows Stencil shadows Environmental mapping Bump mapping Cel shading Full screen post fx compositors-> Bloom, Depth of field Glass shaders Material scripts Post fx Scripts. Full very powerful skinnable gui that runs in both in windowed and full screen mode. Very easy to use MaxGui/WxWidgets like design with events and callback support. Full support for Cg, HLSL and GLSL. Drivers for DirectX9 and OpenGL drivers. Full integration with ofusion 3d max pipeline for a truely next generation wysiwyg art pipeline. Full lua bindings and lua script engine to fully embed scripts into your applications with the full power of Aurora at your disposal. Full networking solution powered by the commercial BlitzNet Optica. Avi file support powered by MaxAVI. Two Physics solutions, Newton and Ode. Newton supports Convex hulls, prefabbed geo and full collision feedback. JV-Ode Bindings for jv-ode max owners to fully integrate ode into the engine. Camera Picks. Linepicks fully integrated into the newton physic engine. Debug view. View phyics. Free E-mail Technical support at no extra cost. Free updates for the life of the product. Mac/Linux versions to be released at a later date. Fully extensive Particle Engine with particle controllers, particle scripts support and more. And much much more.

CTar    1134
Just wondering, why should people buy your engine. You list a lot of features, most of which are nativly supported in Ogre. Your site, or this post, provides very little information and the information presented is presented with very poor English (starts with '.', no space after ',', spelling errors like industary etc.) You don't give any information telling how all these languages is supported, a native DLL with wrappers for the different languages? A different engine for each language? Also will the interface change for the different languages?

Quote:
The world's most easy to use professional quality 3D engine yet. Create fully playable games in hours, not months.

You call this a feature, I would rather believe in the prince from Nigeria (no offence to people from Nigeria, that's just where many of the mails come from) than this. So you can create textures, create models with animations, create audio, code the game with your magic engine etc. in few hours?

How would you support a claim like "the world's most easy to use professional quality 3D engine". This is completely subjective and therefore shouldn't be stated as a fact, you could write "a very easy to use game engine, of proffesional quality" or something like that. Have you ever heard Microsoft say that Windows is the best OS? Even though it's the most successfull they never make such claims.

Quote:
Proven technology expressed in a unique and easy to use way.

Could you give an example of how you present proven (not unique) technology in a unique way?

Quote:
Rendering Engine based on the industary standard

You consider Ogre the game development industry standard? Please mention some popular commercial games using it. Nothing wrong with Ogre, but it's not the industry standard.

Quote:
Post fx

What is this? Post-processing effects?

Quote:
Drivers for DirectX9 and OpenGL drivers.

How is this a feature of your engine? You provide your own drivers?

Quote:
And much much more.

People like to know what they get, so why not just list it?

You provide way too little information for people being interrested. I have no way to verify that it's "the world's most easy to use professional quality 3D engine" and that I can "create fully playable games in hours". I have no way to verify that if I use C# I'm not supposed to just load native DLLs created for native C++. Your engine seems like a wrapper for some free libraries (Ogre, ODE, zlib, ODE, fmod, DevIL, and CEGUI), but I can't judge it because I get no information. Also I had no idea to judge your engine from your game, because I could in no way see all these amazing features. I didn't even see animation or anything but ambient lighting. Also the two bright "signs" in the two ends of the arena completely ignored the ZBuffer (you could always see them, no matter what was in front of them). I couldn't really control my ship, and before figuring out the control I started rotating like crazy because I was shot. The shadows rotated at like 45 degrees every second even though I was at the same place. I got stuck in the ground. When I landed upside down my ship was suddenly upside up, with no transition. It's supposed to show the capabilites of your engine, which it failed at. You really need more information if you want anyone to buy your engine.

Sign in to follow this