Sign in to follow this  
SeanTrek

Hi.

I have never seen anyone ask for personal information on these boards. Besides, you've already given out the country, state, and city you live in and possibly your first name. I wouldn't worry about it, though. Many people have that sort of information in your profile.

Hi there! Not to state the obvious or anything, but you do know others can see where you live...right? Don't worry about it though, you are safe with us.

Glad you can join us! [smile]

Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
That's like saying the first couple digits of your Social Security number!

I'm gonna guess that his are 45, 46, 62, 63, or 64.

Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
Austin Texas really limits it down, doesn't it? Only 1,412,271 people. That's like saying the first couple digits of your Social Security number!

Speaking of Social Security numbers, what is your Social Security num-- err, opps.

It's OK, there's no need to ask for personally identifiable information. I'm sure Dave has already pinpointed Sean's identity using just his IP address that he used when posting.

Welcome SeanTrek!

I doubt people really care much about your identiphobia problems, but rest assured you needn't worry about us asking for personal info. I wish you luck on your programming(or whatever) journey, and I hope you enjoy your time with us and contribute what you learn to those on a level under you. Also, pay no attention to the above posts. [smile]