[web] How Long Have You Been In The Web Business?

Started by
10 comments, last by Sander 18 years ago
How long have you been in the web business?
Advertisement
3 years professionaly.
Off and on since 1996 when I HTML-ised a glossary for my employer's intranet with a Perl script and knocked up a Web demonstration site for a company anniversary event (got a bottle of wine for my efforts). Even played around with WAIS and Mosaic.

Kam-Hung Sohhttp://softwaresalariman.blogspot.com
3 years professionally, mostly working on web applications for corporate intranets, but I do some external stuff as well.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

And, professionally meaning... including payments and contracts.

What were your greatest achievements in your opinion?
and what was the most important skill acquired?
Professionally 8.5 years, I wrote my first web page in circa 1995.

Mark
Professionally, since summer of 1999, so about seven years
Quote:Original post by Tradone
What were your greatest achievements in your opinion?
and what was the most important skill acquired?

Greatest achievement: The creation of Elsi, a bugzilla like issue tracker aimed at corporate IT support desks, and convincing my boss that I can release it under the GPL in the future :-)

Skill: Juggling standards. Web development is littered with standards, specifications, recommendations, RFC's, best practices and more. Mostly due to it being at a crossroads of different technologies. Trying to manage that overload of information and keeping track of the two-three dozen that apply to your project at any moment is hard.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

ive been working professionally for about a year now, but have been running my own websites for about 5-6 years now.
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Around 9 years now. But I have worked in other fields of development as well during that period.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement