[web] How Long Have You Been In The Web Business?

Started by
10 comments, last by Sander 17 years, 12 months ago
How long have you been in the web business?
Advertisement
3 years professionaly.
Off and on since 1996 when I HTML-ised a glossary for my employer's intranet with a Perl script and knocked up a Web demonstration site for a company anniversary event (got a bottle of wine for my efforts). Even played around with WAIS and Mosaic.

Kam-Hung Sohhttp://softwaresalariman.blogspot.com
3 years professionally, mostly working on web applications for corporate intranets, but I do some external stuff as well.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

And, professionally meaning... including payments and contracts.

What were your greatest achievements in your opinion?
and what was the most important skill acquired?
Professionally 8.5 years, I wrote my first web page in circa 1995.

Mark
Professionally, since summer of 1999, so about seven years
Quote:Original post by Tradone
What were your greatest achievements in your opinion?
and what was the most important skill acquired?

Greatest achievement: The creation of Elsi, a bugzilla like issue tracker aimed at corporate IT support desks, and convincing my boss that I can release it under the GPL in the future :-)

Skill: Juggling standards. Web development is littered with standards, specifications, recommendations, RFC's, best practices and more. Mostly due to it being at a crossroads of different technologies. Trying to manage that overload of information and keeping track of the two-three dozen that apply to your project at any moment is hard.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

ive been working professionally for about a year now, but have been running my own websites for about 5-6 years now.
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Around 9 years now. But I have worked in other fields of development as well during that period.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement