Parser bug

Started by
8 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years ago
I just noted that if you forget to close a class (i.e. don't have the last "};") and just end the script instead, the parser will get stuck in an endless loop of "expected data type". It's no big deal since it's an apparant error in the actual script, but I guess optimally the parser should behave well with borken scripts too. :) /Anders Stenberg
Advertisement
I'll fix this one too. :)

Thanks,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

i had the same problem when compiling a script class with a method that takes (Const Object& in) instead of (const Object& in)... it triggered an endless loop, and i loosed all the VC 2005 ide (was running in debug mode) and even task manager got stuck and i was unable to kill the compiler process... hard pc reset was the fix ;(
Ouch! I think I'll make a backup before checking out this problem. [wink]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've uploaded the bug fixes to the SVN (rev 25). This fixes both of the bugs you mentioned. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Andreas

where is this SVN server located?
I'm going to take a wild stab and say: http://sourceforge.net/projects/angelscript
Exactly. :)

how long has it been there?
Since March 18th.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement