Sign in to follow this  
chazar

ID3DXBaseMesh::GenerateAdjacency problem

Hello. I'm not sure if I understand ID3DXBaseMesh::GenerateAdjacency method correctly. It's becouse after calling it with epsilon 0.0 I get strange face indices Example: face 3: 4,519,252 face 4: 282,520,4 How face 4 can be adjacent to itself and why It's not adjacent to face 3. Face 3 is adjacent to face 4 so why face 4 is not adjacent to face 3?? Thanks in advance for any explanation Greetings

I'm sure that these numbers are not vertices indices becouse I have indices per face in array and they are different then numbers given by GenerateAdjacency method. Also there are faces that that have one or more -1 value after generation adjancency so it can't be vertex number.

Oooh. I thought those numbers were from your index buffer, not the adjacency buffer itself. The only thing I can think of is that you are not reading the data from the adjacency buffer correctly, or maybe there is a problem with the index buffer (like bowties) and it needs to be optimized? Try doing the D3DXValidMesh() function to see if there are any problems?

I have not tried to do anything with that buffer myself, except pass it to the Optimize function.