Request: Please HELP

Started by
1 comment, last by Falken42 18 years ago
To all, I apologies for writing this post however I am in urgent need of some help using OpenGL. I am currently studying Computer Animation and a small part of an assignment I have requires OpenGL code. The OpenGL assignment requires that I submit a 2D environment and have 20 or so birds looking object which use the flocking behavior. I have never touched OpenGL and am totally out of my depth in trying to understand it in a short period of time. I was hoping someone will be am to help me by providing any resource or web address I can get the information I need to write the code, which will produce the above brief. To make things more complicated the lecture has asked we create some code for if the birds fly of the screen they appear and come in from the opposite side. For example if the flocking birds fly off the screen to the left they would appear coming in from the right. And if the birds go off the screen upward they appear coming in from the bottom. I do not have enough time to learn OpenGL from the basics and was kind of hoping there is a tutorial of some sort, which I could use to create part of if not most of what is required. Any help or advice from anyone would be gratefully received.
Advertisement
Although I am no expert, I do believe that Nehe is the quintessential tutorial regarding OpenGL.

jfl.
You might also want to consider libraries such as SDL which wrap around OpenGL and let you get more into application development than having spend time dealing with low-level stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement