Sign in to follow this  
Decrius

XP Style win32 application

Decrius    100
Hello everyone, I made a window (in: Win32, GUI, API whatever it is called :P). At MSDN I saw an article about XP style window controls. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchUsingWindowsXPVisualstylesWithControlsOnWindowsForms.asp Well, my toolbar and statusbar are in XP style now. But the menu isn't. When I look at the menu (when you opened the popup) of Firefox (my browser), then I see that the popup hasn't a big border with different colors per side, but a small, 1 color border. Also when you scroll over the menu tabs, the background of the text becomes blue, instead of just nothing. Well, I want the style Mozilla Firefox has, with its menu. And not the old non-xp style menus with big border and no background color change when moving over the menu tabs. How to do this? Second: How can I let the toolbar have a color fading on the bottom side? The grey color just stops, a black line and thats the end of the toolbar. How to make a nice fading grey-to-darker-grey color on the bottom like in Mozilla Firefox? And yes, Mozilla Firefox was the first example I saw :P ;) Every answer is welcome :D Decrius

Mastaba    761
The type of menu you speak of is not a real menu resource. It is faked. It is little more than buttons on a toolbar (which is optionally within a rebar control), which responds to button clicks by drawing the drop down menus manually.