Cell-shading texture

Started by
0 comments, last by Avatar God 18 years ago
Hi, I am makinga computer game and have a question. It will be a cell-shading game, and I wonder if I can use all kind of textures so it still works with the cell-shading rendering? Or do I have to keep within a limit of different types of textures? I hope you understand my question(s). Thank you in advance, Vkoy
Advertisement
Well, it's usually called cel-shading (I think a cel is some sort of old animation term), but skipping over that...

You ought to be able to use any texture you like, yes. Now, I don't know what you're using to do your rendering, but I hope it can take anything you throw at it. You can always just try it, you know. Often, the entire image will be rendered normally, and *then* cel-shaded afterwards.

That's not to say that all textures would be useful, for example. Flat colors are all the rage in cel-shading. 'Dirty' textures often end up as awkward messes.

Anyways, if you have any more information on what you're doing, I might be able to understand your question more (I really don't have a clue what you're asking right now).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement