Sign in to follow this  
SonicD007

Tile Studio output file

I need to know how to read a binary file that is generated from Tilestudio, and load the map file so my program displays the infomation in the map file on the screen. How do i do this?

Scet had published, in his journal, a Tile Studio reader for Managed DirectX. The code generation outputs a binary file that then read in byte by byte into the program. Because .NET has such an amazing tool set, doing this is actually quite simple. What kind of libraries do you have available and what langauge are you planning on using?

I've been using the code generation feature of Tile Studio to output a script file that is then read in and interpreted by the application. Both ways works, it's completely depends on what you find easiest.

Im using windows api c++ language. I'm trying to keep it to the basic windows files and no directx or anyting, but if i must use it to use tile studio maps, then i can change and try to do it lol. I would much rather have it as a script than binary, how do i do it?

O and I'm using Dev-C++ as my tool. Dont have visual.

Quote:
Original post by SonicD007
I need to know how to read a binary file that is generated from Tilestudio, and load the map file so my program displays the infomation in the map file on the screen.

No, you don't. Use the code generation to output something that is more easily readable and contains just the information you're interested in.