Sign in to follow this  
baker

some help please, installing minGw, eclipse, ogre3d. etc...

baker    158
Hi, I have been following these directions here (running winXP) http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Eclipse_MingW_STLPort#Install_MingW and think i have did something wrong. I am mostly confused with this part: ////////////// MingW Core Get these: * binutils-2.16.91-20050827-1.tar.gz * gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz * gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz * mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.tar.gz * mingw-runtime-3.9.tar.gz * mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz * w32api-3.5.tar.gz Unzip all of them in c:\devel\mingw ////////////// now i know this sounds dumb, but i unzipped each tar.gz file into their own folder titled with their own name(i.e contents of w32api-3.5.tar.gz are now in a folder titled w32api-3.5 in the c:\devel\mingw path. is this all i have to do for each tar.gz file? when i read " Unzip all of them in c:\devel\mingw" is that telling me to extract contents of each tar.gz in path c:\devel\mingw? if thats so, all the bin/lib folders will overwrite each other.

bakery2k1    712
Quote:
Original post by baker
if thats so, all the bin/lib folders will overwrite each other.

That's the right way to do it. That way, all of the files in "bin", from all archives, will end up in the same folder.

baker    158

hi thanks for the response.

but some of the files in each of the bin folders have the same name? do i overwrite or save to different name?

Quote:
Original post by bakery2k1
Quote:
Original post by baker
if thats so, all the bin/lib folders will overwrite each other.

That's the right way to do it. That way, all of the files in "bin", from all archives, will end up in the same folder.

baker    158

yea, i made things a heck og lot simpler downloading vc 8.0 express. awesome tool so far.

Quote:
Original post by Cubed3
Why bother? Use VC++ EE It's all set up to go.

bakery2k1    712
Quote:
Original post by Cubed3
Why bother? Use VC++ EE It's all set up to go.

No it's not. You've got to install the platform SDK and do some fiddling with that. It's probably just as difficult to install as MinGW.