Sign in to follow this  
Dentoid

Erroneous imports causes crashes

I noticed that trying to use an imported function where the specified module in the import statement doesn't exist will result in a crash. This one is no big deal either, but I guess it should give some kind of error instead of crashing. /Anders Stenberg

Yup, crash. I can't give much details really (haven't tried reproducing it in a simple test case), but that's what happened. When I corrected the name of the import module (I'd accidentally written it wrong in the import statement, which is how I noticed the error) it worked fine.

I've tried to reproduce this crash, but so far I've not been successful. The only thing that happens when I try to do the import from a non-existing module is that the function is not bound and the engine gives a script exception when the function is called.

Could you try to reproduce the problem in a smaller test case and show it to me?

I don't really remember my exact setup, sorry... Guess I should've kept it around so I could reproduce it. I might see if it's still there in my current setup if I get around to it. But I guess it's no biggie if you can't even reproduce it. :)