Sign in to follow this  
v0dKA

Problems with function pointers and default parameters

v0dKA    568
I'm trying to declare a function whose last parameter is a function pointer to a window procedure (in the form of LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM )). I am also trying to provide a default parameter for that function. This default parameter is another function declared in the same header file. However, I'm getting some errors. First, here's a part of the header file:
typedef LRESULT CALLBACK LRESULT_CALLBACK;  // WARNING 1

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProcStd( HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam );

bool CrtWindow( HINSTANCE hInstance, HWND& hWnd, int nCmdShow, const char* class_name, const char* caption,
			   LRESULT_CALLBACK (*)( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) = WndProcStd );  // ERRORS 1 and 2

Here are the errors and warnings I receive: WARNING 1: warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored ERROR 1: error C2440: 'default argument' : cannot convert from 'LRESULT (__stdcall *)(HWND,UINT,WPARAM,LPARAM)' to 'LRESULT_CALLBACK (__cdecl *)(HWND,UINT,WPARAM,LPARAM)' ERROR 2: error C2548: 'CrtWindow' : missing default parameter for parameter 6 What should I change in order to get this to work?

PiCkLeD    188
If you were to use this of passing as an argument it would look like:

//WNDPROC as defined in windef.h
//typedef LRESULT (__stdcall *WNDPROC)(HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)

//.cpp
bool CrtWindow(
HINSTANCE hInstance,
HWND& hWnd,
int nCmdShow,
const char* class_name,
const char* caption,
WNDPROC lpfnWndProc = &WndProcStd)
{
//...
WNDCLASS w;
w.lpfnWndProc = lpfnWndProc;