Compilers! Compilers! And More Compilers!

Started by
2 comments, last by vrok137 17 years, 12 months ago
Hello! As you can tell by the title, my question is about, well...Compilers. I am currently learning C++ (almost 2 weeks now), and I am using the lastest version of DevC++. Throughout my stay here at GameDev, I've been reading about how great VC++ 8.0 Express is, so, I figured i might as well try it out. So my question is, should i Uninstall DevC++ before I install VC++ 8.0 Express, or should I jutst leave it(would it matter if i kept it)? And for the second part of my question, for the SDK package, do i HAVE to install that too(what is the SDK package for anyway)? Thank you for any suggestions. :D
Advertisement
leave Dev-C++ and install VS EE.

yeah you'll have to install the Platform SDK if you want to do any Win32 programming.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

You don't have to uninstall Dev-C++ to install VCE.

Also I was expecting a thread on compilers, these are IDE's you're talking about.
If you don't know what the SDK package (Windows Platform SDK that is) is, don't bother downloading it. You probably won't need it until you are of decent knowledge in the C++ language.

You do not have to remove Dev C++ in order to use VC++ 2005 EE, they can work side by side. But if you ask me, I would just unnistall Dev++ first and free up some disk space.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement