Upgrading computer help.

Started by
12 comments, last by Shiny 18 years ago
ok i guess either i cant make up my mind or im not being specific but what im trying to do is rebuild my computer. I have a good case, and my disk drives and floppy drives are all good. I guess i want a list of whats good and new and of everything i need to build it. sorry if im being difficult. By the way i want to use it for gaming and etc...but... im low on money. the cheaper but good is want i want. thanx

Tyler
Advertisement
Knowing what your budget is would help. No-one is going to suggest a £400 gfx card if your budget is only £200.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

okay first off what type computer is it name band like dell, emachine, hp and other or is it something someone built?

if you are doing this your self try looking for tutorial on the net find out what you really have under that hood okay

For small budge:

ram:512 mb
hd:160
video card:forthecrappest geforce fx 5200 (recommends Radeon X1300)
sound card: I dont use one but Audigy is nice but Audigy 4 pro is the nicest out
Bring more Pain
Question: How many $$$ are you willing to spend on this upgrade? Because upgrades vary in magnitude -- if you want a dream machine, we can give you specs for things you need to buy, but then again -- if you want to just upgrade a few things, you should specify that too :)

Either way, getting more speed is easy, it's just deciding -how- you want to do it that is the difficult thing. (i.e., Buy $%^$-hot new video card...which is slowed down by your slow-ass processor? Not always worth the money...)

~Shiny.
------------'C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.' -Bjarne Stroustrup

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement