I need more Information concerning rect. coordinates,

Started by
2 comments, last by Endar 18 years ago
I am currently in an online class for game programming. On the assignment I am working on, it requires for us to make a simple 3D polar class. Our assignment is: Create a 3D Polar class that represents the points on the plain as polar coordinates (radius and angle). Create an overloaded +operator for addition of the Polar quantities. "Adding" two points on the plain can be accomplished by adding their X, Y, and Z coordinates. Convert the sets of polar coordinates to rectangular coordinates, add them, then convert the resulting rectangular representation back to polar. I am just wondering, what are rectangular corrdinates? And how do you convert polar coordinates to rectangular coordinates? If anyone wouldn't mind, I would love an explanation. -Thanks
Advertisement
Seeing as this is a homework assignment, we cannot "help" you. For Fruny will [flaming] us all to the void. But I suggest googling and trying out some equations and then coming back will difficulties in conversion.

edit: i will say this though: rectangular ?= cartesian.... or just ask your instructor to be sure [smile]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Hmm, I see. Very well then, I guess I'll Google until my eyes are sore...
<cough> mathworld.com </cough>

I hope that helped some.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement